Honey Ginger Whiskey Lemonade- The Perfect Summer Refresher
We have created the perfect refreshing cocktail for those hot summer nights, by just adding a little twist to a favorite summer staple, lemonade.
Honey and ginger go so well together, and a splash of lemon seals the deal. Garnished with a sprig of thyme, this simple recipe will quench your thirst and please your taste buds. Pour over ice and enjoy!
Honey Ginger Whiskey Lemonade:
1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 cups water
3 ounces of fresh ginger
1/3 cup Catskill Provisions raw wildflower honey
2 ounces of Catskill Provisions NY Honey Rye Whiskey
Fresh sprigs of thyme
1. Cut ginger into thin slices (no need to peel). In a small saucepan, bring the water, honey, ginger and 2 sprigs of thyme to a boil.
2. Remove from heat and cover. Steep for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Strain ginger and thyme pieces, then mix the infused syrup with fresh lemon juice in a pitcher and chill.
4. Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour whiskey in first, then fill with 6 ounces of ginger lemonade.
5. Add a few fresh slices of lemon and stir well. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme, serve and enjoy!